Thursday 24 October 2013

The Ethnicity TAG ~

I've decided to start doing fun tags now and then, beginning with the Ethnicity tag! Enjoy :) and if you have any other tags or different posts then let me know by commenting or emailing me via the contact form on your right.





What is your Ethnicity?
I am originally half Lebanese and half Brazilian. My mother is Lebanese (with Syrian and Lebanese ancestry) and my father is Brazilian (with Spanish/Portuguese/Brazilian ancestry).

When was the last time you visited your country?
The last time I visited Lebanon was less than two months ago, however I haven't been to Brazil since I was two/three years old but I do plan to go very soon.

Name one ethnic food you enjoy the most.
Lebanese food: mashawi, Lebanese barbecue including baba ghannouj and hummous and tabbouleh.

Brazilian food: My grandmother's banana cake and feijao (a sort of bean stew with meat and a side of rice).

Name one household item that best represents your culture.
Lebanon: this was a really hard one! But I've settled with ma3moul molds, ma3moul is a special stuffed biscuit/dessert usually made in Eid. There is usually a mold used to get a certain shape and design.

Brazil: a painting done by my Brazilian aunt of sunset on the beach with palm trees (there's a photo of this on Instagram). And also a crochet tissue holder.

What part of your country are you from?
Lebanon: Tripoli
Brazil: São Paulo

What song reminds you of your country?
Hahaha this was a fun one to do!
Lebanon: I chose this song because it was being played 24/7 in Lebanon this summer, it's such a funny song that reminds me of good times - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8g8q3awtA

Brazil: This is a song that never gets old - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmI0JRcz5Kw

Can you speak the language of your ethnicity?
Arabic: Yes very fluently.
Portuguese: No, only very basic words but I understand better than I speak.