Monday 24 June 2013

My daily skincare routine (night)

Hey guys! I know this has been one of the most requested post, so I'm finally doing it! woo :D

Ok so the reason I've cut it up to daily night routine is because I think it's simpler to dissect it bit by bit as my routine changes depending on time of day but recently I haven't been taking my make-up off until before going to bed when I do my night skincare routine. Also my night routine is the most important and major routine throughout the day.

So here is a step by step of my routine, what method I use, what I do;


  1. Remove eye makeup. For daily use I tend to go for the Olay cream eye makeup remover, simply because its one of the little eye makeup removers that actually does not irritate my eyes (my eyes are quite sensitive). I apply a tiny blob onto a cotton pad and rub it onto my closed eyes, applying pressure on my lashes to remove mascara. (If I had a lot of eye makeup I use the Clinique eye makeup remover).
  2. First cleansing. I cleanse using the Sanctuary Spa fresh faced cleanser which is the best cleanser I've ever used that removes any kind of foundation. I dampen my face then apply a drop on my hand and rub it all over my face before washing it all off.
  3. Second cleansing. To insure that all impurities are no longer on my face I use the Neutrogena Power Cleanser and go over my face to make sure every morsel of makeup is removed, I also love it because it makes my skin feel super soft afterwards.
  4. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is very important for me and I feel that it makes a massive difference in my skin, I usually use one of the St. Ives scrubs which some might seem as harsh but reacts really well on mys skin.
  5. Tone. My all-time favourite toner is the Boot's Glycerine and Rosewater cleanser which not only removes impurities left over and tones but also moisturises which I love.
  6. Moisturise. I usually use a thick moisturiser at night such as either Steamcream, Elizabeth Arden Visable Difference moisturiser (Refining moisture cream complex) or Nivea Soft to insure my skin drinks up all the moisture it can get throughout the night.

I hope this post has helped you in any way or form and feel free to contact me via the contact form on your right if you have any questions you wish to ask :)

Habiba xxx