Sunday 31 March 2013

Latest In Beauty: Complexion Perfection box mini review

Good evening! I hope you've had a blessed week and have started relaxing as the holidays greet us. It's greeted us with the coldest of days here in the UK, and I'm far from a winter person. Such a British thing to bring up weather at the beginning of a conversation, isn't it? But anyway, this post is far more interesting - I promise!

The box on the outside, and of course my surname is misspelt 




Latest In Beauty is a UK based company that sell premium sized samples of new-in cosmetics from slightly high brands so that you can trial them before they hit the market! Heaven for a person like me who likes to be on top of new-in skincare and makeup. As well as being able to purchase individual items you can get a free beauty box which compiles of three smaller samples of your choice (you pay £1.50 through your phone credit) or you can opt for the larger beauty boxes which compiles of premium sized and full sized products. 

I purchased the Complexion Perfection box which only costs £11.95. After doing some research on the products I found out that the products in this box amount to over £50 pounds which is definitely a bargain! Included is 6 different products; Travel size They're Real mascara by Benefit (retails at £9.99 at Boots), Full size Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel (retails at £12.50), Full size Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner (retails at £9.25), Full size The Vintage Cosmetics Company Eye Shadow Brush (retails at £8), Full size Bellápierre Mineral Eye Shadow (retails at £12.99) and finally a sample size (7ml) of Inika Liquid Mineral Foundation (30ml costs £29.50).




Below are the photos and first impressions of each item (I've never used any of these items before).


Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara
I've heard a lot of hype on this product on the internet and from friends and had the intention of buying it before I discovered this Beauty Box. I have medium/short lashes and rely on using two or more mascaras to give me the volume and length I need. I used this on it's own to test it but I still think I need another tackier mascara underneath it to make my lashes really stand out. But nonetheless, I love how it dried quite quickly and stiffly and did not flake off my lashes, I have a real problem with mascaras flaking down under my eyes and on my lid throughout the day. I also love the wand, it's perfect!


Daniel Sandler Waterproof Eyeliner 

This eyeliner has really good pigment and lasts really well and stiffly without smudging. But I would recommend you dry your waterline before applying this as it does not apply very well, I think there is some kind of oil in the ingredients. As you can see from the picture, it is a retractable eyeliner which helps in that you don't need to keep sharpening it to use. Perfect.


The Vintage Cosmetics Company Eye Shadow Brush

Unfortunately, this brush was a let down. The handle is gorgeous and I love the vintage font on the handle, but the bristles of the brush itself are too stiff to be anywhere near your eye! Very harsh, it feels like pins on the tender skin around the eye. Unimpressed. 


Bellápierre Mineral Eye Shadow

This has got to be my favourite item in this collection! This is actually a multi-use pigment, which means you can use it on the eyes, as a bronzer (or highlighter if you have deeper skintones), or if you dip a thin liner brush in water before dipping it in the pigment you can use it as an eyeliner! ("One of the most versatile eye shadows around; mix this little gem with your favourite moisturiser, lip balm, or even a drop of water and it becomes an eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, bronzer, nail polish or whatever you want it to be!" quoted from, Latest In Beauty) I only used it as an eyeshadow so far (without mixing it with anything) and I'm in love with the pigmentation this gives! Everyone should have this!

Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel

I have never really tried a gel foundation before this, but nonetheless I found it very easy; I simply used my fingers to stipple a little of this onto the apples of my cheeks and it gave the most natural glowing peachy/pink shade with a slight golden shimmer! This is perfect on the days where you want to have a very 'unmade-up' face and you can't ever over-do it which is perfect! Such a gorgeous product, gives your skin a flawless natural glow. In love.

Inika Liquid Mineral Foundation

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but this is an organic foundation which claims to be 'packed full of organic antioxidants, vitamins and minerals' and is supposed to be perfect for dry/combination skin. Initially I was put off by the shade (Honey) which looked around an NC30/NC35 on my hand, but after blending it into my skin - it blends like a dream by the way, extraordinary - it just makes me look slightly more tanned, which I like. The coverage is on the light side of medium, it covered most of my imperfections but I felt like I was still seeing a bit of the major ones show through. The finish is satin, which looks so natural and glowing. The only major downfall in this foundation for me is the smell. As all organic products, this has an extremely strong scent of essential oils and herbs, what's worse is that it does not go! The smell sits on your face all day! I have a really strong sense of smell and this can't go past me unfortunately, but I will still wear this foundation, maybe I can get used to the smell?..


Overall, I really like this collection of products and I'm actually thinking of repurchasing as I'm in love with some of the items!


~

I hope this post was beneficial and thank you for reading :)

Any questions or enquiries email lifelongpercussion@gmail.com or comment below.

Habiba xxx