Friday 22 February 2013

HG cleanser: two of my favourite cleansers

Hello all :) I'm just going to type up a quick review of two of my favourite cleansers. One in particular being my go-to cleanser which I use to remove makeup every day. I've been through a fair share of cleansers, from Neutrogena to Aveda to Avene but all didn't do it for me, they either broke me out or didn't cleanse very well and was only able to use them in the morning when I have no makeup on my face. A few months ago, around 4 months, I stumbled on Sanctuary Spa products in Boots. They sell a wide collection of skincare products with spa quality at very decent prices. Their fresh face (the product has a really long name) cleanser was not only sold in a full 140ml bottle but they also sell it in a small 30ml bottle for around £2. So I decided to try out the smaller one just in case I didn't like it or it in case it reacted with my slightly sensitive skin (full bottle is £9). You only need a drop of the product to remove the thickest of foundations off your face, it has a faint wild rose scent which did not irritate my skin; I instantly loved it! To be honest it didn't make my skin feel amazing after use, just very cleansed but I wasn't let down about that because I have scrubs and masks for those purposes. I just wanted a cleanser which will remove my foundation off my face. I use this every day to remove my foundation (also I've been recently using it to remove eye makeup, surprisingly it did not irritate my sensitive eyes - I only do then when lazy) overall I'm very impressed and it is a product I will always repurchase!

Second cleanser is one I usually use when I have no makeup on, it's the Elizabeth Arden Intervene 3 in 1 cleanser. This is also really good at removing makeup but I only use it on a clean face to remove any bacteria or anything else sitting on the surface because I already have my perfect makeup removing cleanser. This retails at around £20 I think, don't quote me on that, but I bought it online for around £8 (let me know if you're interested with links) .